Creating relevant, valuable content continues to be a top priority for B2B marketers in 2013 as they look to connect with qualified prospects. New social media features and platforms seem to constantly spring up, which can cause a bit of confusion for marketers determining where to concentrate their efforts. From a consumer's perspective, most product and service information is found through consumer reviews, how-tos, white-papers, research papers and social media channels. This increasing trend is forcing B2B markterers to invest more time and effort in developing high quality content to attract and retain their customers.
As 2013 closes out, here is a list of 10 content marketing statistics every B2B marketer should be aware of moving into the new year:
- LinkedIn creates more leads for B2B companies than Facebook, Twitter or Blogs, and only 47% of B2B marketers actively use the network (90% use Facebook). [Inside View
- 68% of B2B businesses use landing pages to generate new leads. [MarketingSherpa]
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than companies without a blog. [Social Media B2B]
- This year, 50% of B2B marketers planned to increase their content marketing budgets. [Marketing Profs]
- 62% of companies say they outsource content marketing. [Mashable]
- Two-thirds of B2B marketers say their biggest challenge is engaging decision makers. [Forrester Research]
- Articles with images get 94% more views. [Jeff Bullas]
- 61% of consumers say they are more likely to buy from a company that produces custom content. [Custom Content Council]
- Only 25% of B2B Marketers use content marketing for customer retention [SocialMediaB2B]
InTheCapital is a community publishing platform that helps local brands engage the District's smartest, savviest, fastest-growing audience. Learn how Channels and Custom Conent can help your brand connect with local consumers.